I’m a research scientist at NTT (Social Informatics Laboratories) in Japan. My main research area is cryptography, though I am broadly interested in information security and theoretical computer science. My research focuses on how to protect computer program while preserving its functionality, how to achieve secure computation without leaking information, and designing efficient and versatile cryptographic building blocks. More specific topics are
- Program Obfuscation/Watermarking/Copy-Protection
- Functional Encryption
- Lattice-Based Cryptography
- Quantum Cryptography
- Sep. 2022. A paper on functional encryption with secure key leasing on ePrint archive and arXiv.
- Aug. 2022. A paper on functional encryption for Turing machines was accepted by TCC 2022.
- Aug. 2022. A paper on functional encryption with secure key leasing was accepted by Asiacrypt 2022.
- Aug. 2022. Invited to be a program committee member of PKC 2023.
- Jul. 2022. Invited to be the editorial board of Information Processing Letters.
- Jul. 2022. A paper on certified everlasting functional encryption on ePrint archive and arXiv.
- Jul. 2022. A paper on ZK for QMA was accepted as a contributed talk by QCrypt 2022.
- Jun. 2022. A paper on ABE was accepted by Designs, Codes and Cryptography.
- Please send official invitation mails (PC members, talks, etc.) to
firstname dot lastname dot zk at hco dot ntt dot co dot jp (firstname = ryo)
- For other mails:
- firstname at lastname dot info
- firstname dot lastname at gmail dot com
- Address: NTT Corporation
3-9-11 Midoricho, Musashino-shi, Tokyo 180-8585 Japan
- Visiting associate professor at School of Computing at Tokyo Institute of Technology from 07/2016 -
- Visiting researcher at Northeastern University at Boston during Oct. 2014 - Dec. 2015 (hosted by Daniel Wichs)
- Obtained my Dr. Sci. (corresponding to Ph.D.) from Tokyo Institute of Technology in September 2010 (adviser: Keisuke Tanaka)
- Joined NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories (now, NTT Social Informatics Laboratories) in 2007
- Completed my Master’s degree in Informatics at Graduate School of Informatics Kyoto University in 2007
- Completed my Bachelor’s degree in Engineering at Kyoto University in 2005
On pronunciation of my first name
I do not know English words whose pronunciation are exactly the same as that of Ryo. The pronunciation of Rio, which is the name of a city in Brazil, is similar to that of Ryo.